Are you thinking about a Counseling or Psychology Degree? One of the best (and most cost effective) ways to obtain this type of degree is from a Christian college.
A Psychology Degree Can Open the Door to a Variety of Careers
One of the most appealing aspects of a counseling/psychology degree is that there are so many career paths to choose from today. And you get to help people, which is probably what led you to consider this course of study in the first place. Having a servant's heart is part of being a Christian, but it is also part of being a counselor. How amazing!
Christian counselors and psychologists assist churches and Christian organizations in meeting the needs of employees, members, and clients. Counseling in a Christian context can make a significant contribution to improving the live experience of individual Christians and developing a healthier society.
Note: This degree does not lead to credentialing in Counseling, which almost always requires a graduate degree.
Graduates who complete the Counseling / Psychology Degree will be able to:
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of psychological terminology;
- Access and evaluate available community resources that may be helpful (e.g. Professional counselors, health practitioners, support groups);
- Provide counseling on a non-professional basis within one’s own church setting;
- Comprehend and participate in research studies in psychology;
- Demonstrate skills in selecting and using Scripture in the counseling process.
Want to find out more?
Great Lakes Christian College offers degrees in many areas, not just counseling. To find out more call our admissions department and schedule an appointment today!